With the increasing prevalence of remote work, technology is playing an ever-growing role in facilitating communication and collaboration within organizations. By leveraging technology to enhance internal employee communications, organizations can improve collaboration, boost productivity, and create a more engaged and connected workforce.
In this blog, we’ll explore the different types of internal communications that can be beneficial to your organization, the ways in which technology can enhance internal employee communications, and how using a content creation platform or software and responsive decision can enhance your content and make the creation process more efficient.
What type on internal communications can organizations use:
Organizations communicate in many ways, both formally and informally, from email, chat and instant messaging programs like Slack, Teams or Google Chat, telephone, Whatsapp messages, newsletters, and in today’s post pandemic world especially, through video conferencing like Zoom, Teams and Google Meets.
However, primary when organizations communicate to their employees or stakeholders it is done in a formal capacity, by sending emails, newsletters or reports, there are many different types of internal reports that organizations may create to share information and make decisions. Here are a few examples:
- Financial reports
- Sales reports
- Operational reports
- HR reports, programs, communications and documents
- Marketing reports
- Project management reports
- Customer service reports
These are just a few examples of the many different types of internal reports that organizations may create to inform decision-making and share information within the company. The specific types of reports that a company creates will depend on its industry, size, and business goals. But regardless of the type or business need, communications or reports are vital to business success, employee insight and visibility, and it is important that these communications follow a professional manner, and meet the employees or partners where they are and provide value. Technology today can help greatly in achieving a successful internal report, read more on our blog 5 reasons to update your internal communications strategy.
How Technology can influence internal communications
Technology can play a crucial role in creating and sharing internal reports within an organization. There are many ways in which technology can help organizations, but let’s look at the importance and role technology plays for internal communications.
- Automation: Technology can automate many of the tedious and time-consuming tasks involved in creating internal reports, such as data collection, analysis, and formatting. This can save employees a significant amount of time and effort, allowing them to focus on more strategic tasks.
- Consistency: Technology can help ensure that internal reports are consistent and standardized across the organization. By using a single tool or platform for reporting, companies can ensure that all reports adhere to a common format and contain the same level of detail, making them easier to read and compare.
- Collaboration: Technology can facilitate collaboration between teams and departments when creating internal reports. For example, employees can share data and analysis on a central platform, allowing different teams to contribute their expertise to the report.
- Customization: Technology can help create reports that are tailored to the needs of different audiences within the organization. By using tools that allow for customization, employees can create reports that are targeted to the specific needs of each department or stakeholder.
- Distribution: Technology can make it easy to distribute internal reports to the right people at the right time. Reports can be shared via email, company intranets, or other internal communication channels, ensuring that they are available to all relevant stakeholders.
By using technology to create and share internal reports, companies can improve communication, decision-making, and overall organizational performance. But while the elements above increase productivity, it is also important that the technology is accessible to all, and compliant with ADA regulations. In order to achieve this, your content needs to be in a responsive format.
Internal content needs to be Responsive
When thinking of how the employee or partner consumes and digests the information within the communication, it is important to consider each individual employee, can they access it in its entirety and optimized format regardless of the device it is viewed on. This should be a top priority for organizations today, and for this reason, and more that we will discuss next, the format of the content needs to be responsive, also referred to as dynamic or mobile friendly.
Below are some reasons why responsive design is important in internal communications:
- Accessibility: Responsive design ensures that company communications are accessible to all employees, regardless of their device, screen size or abilities to consumer content. This is particularly important in today’s work environment, where employees may use a variety of devices, such as laptops, smartphones, and tablets, to access company communications.
- Engagement: By using responsive design, companies can ensure that their communications are engaging and visually appealing on any device. This can help improve employee engagement and make it more likely that employees will read and respond to company communications.
- Consistency: Responsive design can help ensure that all company communications are consistent and maintain a uniform look and feel across all devices. This can help create a sense of unity within the organization and make it easier for employees to recognize and engage with company communications.
- User Experience: With responsive design, company communications can be tailored to the specific device and platform being used, providing an optimal user experience. For example, communications can be designed to be easily read and navigated on a smartphone or tablet, providing a seamless user experience for employees who prefer to access communications on-the-go.
For more details on why all your content needs to be responsive, read 20 reasons your content needs to be responsive. Responsive design is important in internal communications because it ensures that all employees can access and engage with company communications, regardless of the device or platform they are using. A way to efficiently create content that is responsive, is by using a content creation platform that allows you to build and create your content to automatically reshape to any device. And this is an efficient method to create content for your internal communications.
How a content creation software can improve internal communications
Content creation software can be a valuable tool for enhancing internal employee communications in several ways:
- Creating visually appealing content: With content creation software, employees can easily create visually appealing materials like infographics, videos, and presentations. These materials can help communicate complex information in a clear and engaging way, making it easier for employees to understand and retain key messages.
- Standardizing content creation: Using a consistent visual style and brand identity across all internal communications can help create a sense of unity and make it easier for employees to recognize important information. Content creation software can help standardize the creation of materials such as presentations, emails, and newsletters, ensuring that they are consistently formatted and branded.
- Collaborating on content: Content creation software can also facilitate collaboration between team members, enabling them to work together on projects and share ideas in real time. This can improve communication and ensure that all team members are on the same page.
- Managing content distribution: With content creation software, employees can manage the distribution of their content, ensuring that it reaches the right audience at the right time. For example, they can schedule social media posts, send out newsletters, and share content on internal communication channels like Slack or Microsoft Teams.
Technology is important for internal communications because it can automate tasks, ensure consistency, facilitate collaboration, enable customization, and simplify distribution. Using a content creation software or platform can help the organization create more effective and engaging internal communications, while also standardizing the creation and distribution of materials. By using these tools, organizations can improve communication, collaboration, and employee engagement, maintain consistency and provide an optimal user experience for all employees, leading to a more productive and connected workforce.
Experios is 3D Issue’s all new Content Experience platform that produces stunning responsive digital publications in a magazine type format. Build and design your publications from scratch, publish anywhere and track your performance with a full tracking and analytics package that can link to your Google Analytics so you can always measure the success of your digital content. You can get started with Experios for free today, schedule a demo or start your free trial.