Discover the reasons to include video in your content marketing plans
“Video on landing pages is capable of increasing conversion rates by over 80%, and the mere mention of the word “video” in your email subject line increases open rates by 19%. 90% of customers also say videos help them make buying decisions.”
Some compelling stats from Hubspot.
It seems that whatever your business question, it doesn’t matter if you’re a sole-trader or working for a blue chip, video is likely to be a pretty good answer.
Whether you’re aiming to boost brand awareness, start a conversation on social or showcase a new product, video content is a big deal for marketers.
According to Hubspot, the most common types of video are explainers, product demos, how-tos and testimonials. They’ve produced The Ultimate Guide to Video Marketing – essential reading, when you have the time – but here’s a super-quick summary of just one of the sections.
12 types of marketing videos
- Demo videos show how products work
- Brand videos build awareness
- Event videos document, well, events
- Expert interviews share thought leaders’ voices
- Educational videos inspire users
- Explainer videos show how problems can be solved
- Animated videos explain hard-to-grasp concepts
- Case study videos showcase customer testimonials
- Live videos encourage viewer engagement
- 360° & virtual reality videos offer immersive experiences
- Augmented reality videos enhance real-life with a digital layer
- Personalized messages help build relationships
Why marketers must include video
With its appealing combination of interactive elements – including visuals, audio, graphics and animation – it’s hardly surprising that video content is so compelling.
And the great news?
Unless you have a hefty budget – and, perhaps, even then – there’s no need to worry too much about production values.
An engaging story told in a relatable way.
A clear message that makes viewers’ lives easier.
Simple video content has an authentic feel and that’s what matters to viewers.
There are a mind-blowing 300+ video marketing stats here:
Lemon Light – an on-demand video production company – have curated a super-comprehensive list too with 67 video marketing stats.
Helpfully, they’ve broken down the stats into categories:
- Video marketing for attracting customers and driving purchases
- Channels for distributing video content
- Video marketing industry trends
- Consumer preferences for video content
- Reasons people are putting off video content
But these are the 5 stats that really stood out for us.
5 reasons to include video content in marketing campaigns
- Video ads were the #1 way consumers discovered a brand they later purchased from. (Animoto)
- Viewers claim they retain 95% of a message when obtained via video. (Social Media Week)
- 96% of people say they’ve watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service. (Wyzowl)
- 92% of mobile users report sharing videos with others. (Social Media Week)
- Video is Twitter’s fastest-growing advertising tool and tweets with video attract 10x more engagements than Tweets without video. (Twitter)
So, what are you waiting for?