It is in no way an exaggeration to say that the world at large has gone mobile. The adoption rates, penetration and overall influence the smartphone now has on millions of lives across the world, all accrued in a relatively short time, is nothing short of remarkable.
Peoples reading habits changed with the advent of the internet but also with the arrival of tablets, smartphones, eBook readers, kindles and so on. These devices have changed the way we view literature online, they have made it more accessible and portable, how many people do you see on their commute in the morning reading such a device? I would hazard a guess and say quite a few, in a recent study by Amazon, it was garnered that for every 100 printed books sold there was 114 eBooks also sold, a slender lead it has to be said but a lead nonetheless. It is estimated that 56% of Americans now own smartphones alone, this is not accounting for tablets and eReaders, mobiles now account for 12% of media consumption by Americans, triple that of 2009.
In today’s blog we will look at some of the advantages producing a digital magazine can have on your business and what effects including them within your content distribution and marketing plans can have on your content and the provision of online traffic to your business.
Digital publications offer many advantages, your content can be assembled into publications that can;
• Be Built in seconds
• Auto-update ensuring the freshest content is always available
• Retain the ability to publish everywhere
• Enjoy a higher click through efficiency.
• Extract value from archived content.
• Be where your audience reside
• Turn your readers into editors / distributors
• Native Apps
• Encourage a higher user engagement
• Enhanced advertising opportunities
Digital magazines offer many advantages to the publisher and consumer alike, some of these advantages I have listed below;
• The inclusion of rich media – Read more on Why Rich-Media Content is Essential to your Marketing here.
• Location based marketing campaigns – the ability to target consumers with multi-media content based on their location using GPS technology.
• Flexible – you can make changes whenever necessary to your online publication.
• Cross channel integration
• Social media integration
• Cost effectiveness – in comparison to print publications, online publications can be produced and delivered at a fraction of the cost.
• Measurable –Through the use of Google analytics.
• Continuously working – The convenience factor for the consumer.
It is a fair assessment to say that the digital age has touched most of our lives in one way or another. The advent of the internet, the explosion of digital channels widely available and continuous advancements in technology have all contributed to major changes in brands approaches to marketing.
In today’s digitally driven society, a high percentage of people have a smartphone and or tablet and an even higher percentage have a mobile phone. Connected devices and the influence they yield within our day to day lives grow with each passing day. In order for businesses to continue to grow and take advantage of the ever growing online arena and the numerous advantages that it entails.