Our software integrates Google Analytics when uploading to your own server or to our cloud servers (when masking the domain), you only have to add your Google Analytics ID once into the software and then it will be attached to all of your publications on that domain where you can monitor how your readers are interacting with your publications through the Google Analytics dashboard; more information below.
Google Analytics (GA) is a free service offered by Google that generates detailed statistics about the visitors to a website. Essentially it monitors how many readers your publication/website gets and what they do with it so with the use of ‘Event Tracking’ you can monitor their actions in the publication and identify what publications were most popular.
Google Analytics is usually tied to a domain, we highly recommend using Google Analytics when hosting your publications on your own server/website. Even when you are hosting your publications on our Cloud Services, you can still mask the domain to your own website to gather analytics through Google Analytics.
Where do I sign up?
Go to https://www.google.com/analytics/ and select ‘Create an account’.
What kind of statistics does 3D Issue record in Google Analytics?
Some of the stats recorded include:
• Amount of time readers spend on your publication
• Average number of pages read per visit
• Pages the reader jumped to
• Audio files played
• Video files played
• Websites visited
• Number of shares
• Keywords searched
• Number of prints
• Number of downloads
• Browser settings
• Total number of readers per issue
• Percentage of new readers per issue
• Percentage of repeat readers per issue
How do I add analytics to my publications?
You can add Google Analytics to your publications easily at any time by following the steps below.
Firstly, you’ll need your Google ID. You’ll need to sign up to Google analytics then add a website to get the ID. For example, the ID is normally in the form of UA-12345-12, this is what you’ll need to enter into 3D Issue.
Once you have that ID follow these steps to add the ID to your publications:
1. Open 3D Issue and then create a new publication or open and existing one.
2. In the profile section of the content tab select the template you want to add analytics to and then click edit (version 6 and lower) or setup (version 7 and above).
3. In the Window that opens go to the “Domains” section then either click;
– a. “Add” to add a new domain along with a Google ID.
– b. Select a domain and click edit to attach a Google ID to that.
4. Then click next then Finish if you have no other changes to make.
5. As a result all your publications on that domain, existing or future are recording analytics.